Hangry

 

The term, meaning bad-tempered or irritable as a result of hunger, was added to the Oxford English Dictionary in the January 2018 update.  

When I used to live in England (2005-2010), my friends and people, in general, found it funny that the word hungry and Hungary sound very similar, or they really didn't know how to pronounce Hungary. I often found myself in conversations that sounded something like the following.

- So, you are from Hungry.

- Almost, you left out the letter 'a', it's Hungary. H-u-n-g-a-r-y. But, when I am hungry, I am a hungry Hungarian. And sometimes I am hangry, an angry, hungry Hungarian.

I love playing on words😀. 

However, this is not just playing on words. It's real.
People often get hangry when their blood sugar level is low, so do I.

Comments

Popular Posts