Why Prague

I like to travel alone, it gives me the freedom to see what I want, when and as long or as quick as I want to. Choosing what and where to eat much simpler than asking everyone in the travel group.  In this regard, some cities are more comfortable and safer than others for a single traveller. Prague definitely good for a single traveller, there are many interesting places to see, and plenty of options to eat.


Prague is the only place so far that I visited four times as a tourist in a 'short' period (2016, 2017, 2018). On my first visit to Prague, I went solo. My second visit was absolutely unplanned, one of my friends accidentally bought two nonrefundable tickets instead of one, so, she invited me to tag along. At the third time, I went back to visit friends, the fourth time, I kinda went as a "tour guide" with my friend who bought her plane ticket from Prague to Hong Kong. In all the four cases, we travelled to Prague by train from Budapest.

Though I've been at the airport, I don't remember how we get there. But it was fairly easy. Here is their website to check https://www.prg.aero/en/getting-airport.


The train ticket from Budapest to Prague has a very reasonable price. There are several options. The cheapest is the nonrefundable ticket with a seat reservation, the 4-day ticket doesn't include seat reservations, but it gives flexibility and refundable. There is also a 4-day travelcard with public transport.






24 and 72 hours of public transport tickets. The price hasn't changed in the last 4 years (true in 2020 August).



If you prefer paper to apps, you can purchase a travel guide at the main public transport stations. I bought mine at the railway station.

Prague is the city of classical music concerts. There are countless concerts for tourists.
I also went to one of them in Lobkowicz Place in the castle.


At my second visit, our local friend introduced us to Lokal, a traditional restaurant chain. Good food, cheap beer and free second helpings from side dishes. http://lokal-dlouha.ambi.cz/en/.

Before the pandemic, tourist attractions were crowded. So, it is nice to have local friends, they showed me the less known parts of the city. I will show you too in the next post about Prague.


Comments

Popular Posts