Crumbs - Morzsak

Funny stories and sayings

I feel I'm in a foreign country! - Olyan mintha kulfoldon lennek!

My American friend came to see, I had no bottled water at home, I asked her to buy one from the supermarket. In general, the supermarkets are usually very busy and have to wait a lot at the checkout. This time the supermarket was almost empty. In her surprise my friend said to the checkout assistant:
 -"I feel I'm in a foreign country!"
 The checkout assistant pulls a 'what are saying' face. Thinking:  'you are a foreigner and you are in China. What's wrong with you?'
My friend realised what she said sounded awkward. So, she explained what she meant. She doesn't mention what was the checkout assistant reaction for that. But, I guess this time she got it, or maybe she's still thinking - 'foreigners are so strange'.
 

Amerikai barartnom meglatogatott, nem volt otthon palackozott viz. Igy megkertem vegyen egyett. Altalaban a szupermarketek tele vannak es sokat kell varni a penztarnal. Most azonban szinte ures volt a bolt. Meglepeteseben ezt mondta a penztarosnak:
- "Olyan mintha kulfoldon lennek!"
A penztaros furan nezett ra, gondolva: ' igen, kulfoldi vagy es kinaban vagy, jol erzed magad?'
Baratnom gyorsan eszrevette, hogy furan hangzott, amit mondott. Szoval megmagyarazta a penztarosnak, hogy mit akart pontosan mondani. Baratnom nem mondta, hogy mi volt a penztaros reakcioja erre. Gondolom megertette, hogy mire gondolt, vagy megsem, es tovabbra is ezt gondolja magaban -'ezek a kulfoldiek milyen furcsak'.

Comments

Popular Posts