Place: Guangzhou, in a hotel where you can take long distance bus to Hong Kong
- Hi, I saw there is a bus to Hong Kong. - say it in Chinese to receptionist.
- Yes- answer the young man and hands me the timetable.
- Where does the bus go in Hong Kong? - I ask
- To Hong Kong- I got the answer from the female receptionist
- I mean, where can I get off the bus? - I enquire
- Where you bought your ticket- the answer
- To where can I buy my ticket - asking again and I feel I start to loose my temper.
Instead of answering they looking at me like I if was speaking an alien language.
- Ok, Hong Kong is big. This place has a name (pointing to the Hotel), yes? - I said
-Yes, - agrees the two receptionist
-So, in Hong Kong what's the name of the places where the bus stops? - I ask.
- Oh, - they say it with a surprised voice. - It's says here on the paper. - he shows on the paper.
- Sorry, I can't read Chinese. Can you read it for me?
Even after 3 years in China and having local friends still don't understand why I cannot get an answer for a simple question like this. Or my logic is to complicated? Actually, why do I need to ask questions when everything is on the paper, isn't it?