Friday, 1 March 2013

Chinese logic - Kinai logika

Place: Guangzhou, in a hotel where you can take long distance bus to Hong Kong

- Hi, I saw there is a bus to Hong Kong. - say it in Chinese to receptionist.

- Yes- answer the young man and hands me the timetable.

- Where does the bus go in Hong Kong? - I ask

- To Hong Kong- I got the answer from the female receptionist

- I mean, where can I get off the bus? - I enquire

- Where you bought your ticket- the answer

- To where can I buy my ticket - asking again and I feel I start to loose my temper.

Instead of answering they looking at me like I if was speaking an alien language.

- Ok, Hong Kong is big. This place has a name (pointing to the Hotel), yes? - I said

-Yes, - agrees the two receptionist

-So, in Hong Kong what's the name of the places where the bus stops? - I ask.

- Oh, - they say it with a surprised voice. - It's says here on the paper. - he shows on the paper.

- Sorry, I can't read Chinese. Can you read it for me?

Even after 3 years in China and having local friends still don't understand why I cannot get an answer for a simple question like this. Or my logic is to complicated? Actually, why do I need to ask questions when everything is on the paper, isn't it?

2 comments:

Sumir Sharma said...

In India, it is called Pkana. Comedy is the best ingredient of life if one is a really jolly person. Great.

Sumir Sharma said...

Bea, If you happen to visit Haryana in India, you may get a better experience than this. You will be able to post a better joke.